A sustainable kitchen is the core of any eco-friendly home. Whether you're looking to renovate your home with sustainable materials or doing as much as you can to reduce waste, you're helping make the earth a more sustainable place! Check out our tips for creating an eco-friendly kitchen in your home.
Tips for Creating an Eco-Friendly Kitchen:
1. Invest in long-lasting cookware and utensils including Paperless Towels, Beeswax Food Wraps, and Bamboo Dish Brushes so that you can save money in the long run and reduce the amount of waste you produce!
2. Choose energy-efficient appliances. The greenest choices you make are options that will stick with you for at least a decade or more, so that you will save on materials and resources from a manufacturing standpoint.
3. Purchase local ingredients whenever possible. We recommend buying from local farmers' markets or purchasing directly from farmers themselves.
4. Don't waste food (if you can help it). Instead look for ways to repurpose the food by incorporating it into new dishes. Make bread pudding from stale bread and keep your vegetable scraps to make a delicious vegetable stock! You can also freeze most things before they expire.
5. Use natural, simple cleaners for your kitchen. There are plenty of amazing recipes to make your own homemade cleaners that will do just as good of a job, without any of the added chemicals! Here is our favourite recipe: All-Purpose Cleaner with Lemon Peels.