In 2020, the Canadian government announced a plan to ban single-use plastics such as plastic grocery bags and plastic straws by 2030.
Plastic has been polluting our earths rivers, oceans, and lakes while harming wildlife and leaving micro-plastics in the water we use and drink today!
A statistic from Statistics Canada shows that Canadians throw away 3 million tonnes of plastic waste each year and only 9% is recycled, meaning that majority of plastics end up in our land fills.
We have created a list of amazing alternatives for single-use plastics that pollute our planet.
To prepare for the ban on plastics, start switching to reusable products as you run out of your single-use, plastic products.
Here are seven amazing alternatives for the single-use, everyday plastic products:
1. Beeswax food wrap roll as an alternative for plastic wrap
2. Bamboo straws as an alternative for single-use plastic straws
3. Mesh produce bag as an alternative for plastic bags at the grocery store
4. Safety razor with replacement blades as an alternative for plastic razors
5. Reusable snack bags as an alternative for plastic Ziplock snack bags
6. Paperless towels as an alternative for paper towel
7. Silicone cotton swabs or bamboo cotton buds as an alternative for paper or plastic q-tips.