Being efficient with the energy you consume means you are using less energy to do the same jobs and reducing your home's total energy usage in addition to saving you money.
In order to use energy efficiently in your home, you must become aware of how energy is used, where it is being used, and how you can reduce it. That is why we have come up with eight quick and easy tips to help your home save energy and money!
Here Are 8 Quick Ways to Reduce Energy Consumption in Your Home!
1. Clean all filters in your home monthly if possible. When filters build up, it makes your system work harder and run longer than necessary
2. Wash your clothing in cold water when possible. This will also help your clothes last longer and will reduce colour fading.
3. Change your light bulbs to LEDS.
4. Use natural light during day time hours.
5. Try not to leave your electronics on all day. Only turn on your computer, monitor, and printer when in use.
6. Don't leave bathroom or kitchen ventilation fans running longer than necessary since they replace inside air with outside.
7. Turn off the lights when they are not in use. Lighting normally accounts for about 12% of your standard utility bill.
8. Don't leave your mobile phone plugged in overnight. It only takes 2-3 hours to fully charge.