The kitchen is an easy place to start when making the switch to living a more eco-friendly lifestyle.
You won't need to worry about embarking on major changes as you will find that small, day-to-day, thoughtful changes can make a huge difference in the long-run!
We've made a list of ten easy tips that anyone can use to be more sustainable in the kitchen.
Here are 10 Easy Ways to Live More Sustainably in the Kitchen:
1. Buy second-hand appliances where possible
2. Eat a vegan meal at least once a week
3. Use paper bin liners instead of plastic ones
4. Stop buying bottled water use a water filter system instead
5. Save your eggshells to make fertilizer for your plants
6. Use a reusable K-Cup if you have a Keurig
7. Repurpose empty glass jars
8. Save your veggie scraps to make your own broth
9. Eat seasonal and local whole foods
10. When replacing kitchen utensils, opt for bamboo or silicone