We wanted to share our favourite zero waste tips! Many of these tips are very easy to incorporate into your life, all it takes is some commitment and determination!
Going zero waste is a journey, not a destination. Here are ten of our favourite zero waste tips:
1. Ask for no straw in your drink when you order take-out/dine-in (bring a reusable straw instead).
2. Don't leave the house without a reusable water bottle.
3. Donate your unused items that are in good condition to support the second-hand market.
4. Try drinking Elderberry syrup when you feel a cold coming instead of taking pills from plastic pill bottles.
5. Open a window to cool down your home.
6. Buy items without packaging or with minimal amounts of packaging.
7. Use reusable bags at your local farmer's market or even grocery store.
8. Unplug your electronics when they are not in use.
9. Repair an item when it breaks (if possible) rather than going to buy a new one.
10. Pack yourself a lunch instead of eating out when you can!